Michigan Jobless Rate Down 0.1 Points To 8.8 Pct.
LANSING, Mich. (AP) â¿¿ The state says Michigan's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate has dropped 0.1 percentage points to 8.8 percent in the latest month, as number of people working rose while the number of jobless people was about flat.
The Department of Technology, Management & Budget said Wednesday that the state's jobless rate for February was 0.3 percentage points below the level of 9.1 percent in February 2012.
Nationally, the unemployment rate was 7.7 percent in February, down from 7.9 percent in January.
The state says the number of Michiganians unemployed and seeking work fell 3,000 to 411,000 over the month. It says the number of people working rose 15,000 to 4.245 million.Department labor information director Rick Waclawek (WAHK'-lah-wek) says there have been modest gains in professional services, education, health and retail employment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV