Delphi Automotive PLC Stock Hold Recommendation Reiterated (DLPH)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- Compared to other companies in the Auto Components industry and the overall market, DELPHI AUTOMOTIVE PLC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, DLPH's share price has jumped by 38.77%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Although DLPH had significant growth over the past year, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock at the current time.
- DELPHI AUTOMOTIVE PLC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DELPHI AUTOMOTIVE PLC increased its bottom line by earning $3.32 versus $1.69 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.22 versus $3.32).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Auto Components industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 53.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $290.00 million to $136.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $310.00 million or 33.76% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts