The Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K today announced that U.S. Olympian Lisa Uhl will lace up her racing shoes for her first competition in Chicago. Uhl, along with fellow Team USA member Dathan Ritzenhein, will lead the way for 40,000 runners in Chicago’s 34 th annual kickoff to the running season on Sunday, April 7.
“Lisa is a rising star in the sport, and the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K is a great opportunity for her to test herself on a flat and fast course that is home to the women’s 8K American record,” said Executive Race Director Carey Pinkowski. “Coming from neighboring Iowa, she has trained hard throughout the winter and is ready to ring in the spring racing season along with the rest of the Chicago running community.”
Uhl finished 13 th in the 10,000-meters in her first Olympic appearance at the 2012 London Games. She first drew international attention in 2010 by running a NCAA collegiate record and world-leading 10,000m time of 31:18.07 as a senior at Iowa State University. She wrapped up her collegiate career with four national track titles, including a rare 5,000m/10,000m double at the 2010 NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championships, becoming one of only four athletes to have ever done so.
As a professional, Uhl has run personal bests of 31:12.80 for 10,000-meters and 14:55.74 for 5,000-meters, ranking her sixth and seventh, respectively, on the all-time U.S. list. She is sponsored by Nike and currently resides in Ames, Iowa, where she is a volunteer assistant coach for her alma mater and is coached by Iowa State head coach Corey Ihmels."I am extremely excited to hit the roads at the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K,” said Uhl. “I have always been in love with the energy of Chicago. Not only am I looking forward to testing my fitness on a fast course, but I am thrilled to be part of such a fun Chicago tradition.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV