900K In Pa. Could See Federal Health Care Subsidy
Rejection of the Medicaid expansion would potentially leave large numbers of Pennsylvania's poor uninsured.
The marketplaces are envisioned as online stores in each state that function as a way for people to shop for health insurance. Consumers would be able to interact with the marketplace online but could also apply by mail or telephone. The marketplaces will provide both individual and small business coverage.
About 1.35 million are uninsured, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
Enrollment to participate in the exchanges is supposed to begin Oct. 1. Under the law, virtually all Americans must carry health insurance starting next year, though most will just keep the coverage they now have through their jobs, Medicare or Medicaid.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV