NEW YORK -- BlackBerry (BBRY) shares slipped 0.8% on Thursday to $14.44 despite surprising Wall Street with a fourth-quarter profit.
The smartphone maker earned 22 cents a share on revenue of $2.7 billion during the quarter. Analysts were looking for BlackBerry, formerly known as Research In Motion, to lose 29 cents a share on revenue of $2.84 billion.
The company said it shipped 6 million BlackBerry smartphones, including 1 million BlackBerry 10 smartphones and 370,000 PlayBook tablets, during the quarter.
BlackBerry shares rose 22% in the first quarter.BlackBerry Stays Alive; Apple Expands Its Universe: Tech Weekly
Analog Devices (ADI) said CEO Jerald Fishman, 67, died following an apparent heart attack Thursday night. The chipmaker said Friday that President Vincent Roche has been appointed CEO on an interim basis.
Jos. A. Bank Clothiers (JOSB) is forecast by Wall Street on Monday to report earnings of 98 cents a share on fourth-quarter revenue of $368.5 million. 4 Stocks Spiking on Big Volume
Cal-Maine Foods (CALM) is forecast by Wall Street on Monday to report third-quarter earnings of $1.40 a share on revenue of $321.4 million.
Shoe Carnival (SCVL) is expected by analysts on Monday to post earnings of 16 cents a share in the fiscal first quarter on revenue of $210 million. 4 Hot Stocks to Trade (or Not)
Veeco Instruments (VECO) is expected by analysts to report fourth-quarter profit of 10 cents a share on revenue of $105 million.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV