New Website Strengthens Black Male Achievement Field
Foundation Center and Open Society Foundations Launch BMAfunders.org
NEW YORK, March 28, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Foundation Center and the Open Society Foundations have launched the web portal BMAfunders.org to facilitate engagement, collaboration, and strategic decision making among funders, nonprofits, and policymakers working to promote positive outcomes for black men and boys in America. The site is supported by the Campaign for Black Male Achievement, in which the Open Society Foundations has invested $50 million over the past five years.
"We urge more grantmakers and philanthropists across sectors to enter the field of black male achievement for the long term, and to do it with the understanding that their investments are helping to strengthen the social fabric of America," said Shawn Dove, manager of the Campaign for Black Male Achievement. "BMAfunders.org helps philanthropic leaders get up to speed by highlighting what's working and by spreading the word about what success looks like."
BMAfunders.org supports those working to reverse the damage done by years of systemic injustice by providing access to a variety of knowledge resources, including:
- A mapping tool that fosters collaboration by showing who's funding what program, where;
- A timeline of philanthropic milestones that sheds light on the historical context of the field;
- An "Outcomes Toolkit" that points users to key measures that will help them assess the impact of their work; and
- A comprehensive collection of research reports, as well as case studies of work on the ground that highlight innovation and lessons learned.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts