Zoosk And Glamour.com Survey Reveals That Today's Single Women Are More Commitment-Phobic Than Men
SAN FRANCISCO, March 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Zoosk, the romantic social network, recently teamed up with Glamour.com to conduct a survey among more than 2,500 single men and women to see what they really think about getting serious in a relationship. The results of the survey show that contrary to stereotypes, women prefer to take things slower and more carefully guard their personal space than do men. The results of the survey are posted on Glamour.com at http://www.glamour.com/sex-love-life/blogs/smitten/2013/03/surprise-our-exclusive-zoosk-s.html. An infographic on the survey results can be seen on the Zoosk blog at http://blog.zoosk.com/2013/03/27/our-exclusive-survey-with-glamour-magazine-shows-surprising-results-about-commitment/.
Highlights of the Zoosk and Glamour.com survey include:
Men are quick to make it official; women prefer to wait.
- 42% of men say they prefer to make a relationship official after a couple good dates.
- 35% of women prefer to wait at least a few months.
Men are more likely to bring her into his inner circle quickly.
- 56% of men say they would introduce someone they're seeing to their friends after 1 to 5 dates.
- Women seem cagier about taking this step in a relationship; only 40% of women said the same. Twice as many woman (22.9%) as men (10.4%) wait at least a few months to do so.
- Everyone agrees that this is a complex issue – 65% men and 68% of women said it was hard to put a timeframe on when its right to exchange keys.
- However, women are twice as likely than men to say the time was never!
- 42% of men say they follow the Golden Rule of three dates before they have sex.
- The majority of women (53%) say they like to wait until an official declaration of coupledom.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV