Sonic Corp. (NASDAQ: SONC) the nation’s largest chain of drive-in restaurants, today announced the selection of Cohn & Wolfe as its new public relations agency of record.
Cohn & Wolfe will work with the SONIC PR team to drive external communications to consumers and franchisees, local store marketing, cause marketing and issues management. The agency will also support social media strategy as part of a cross-functional, multi-agency team. The primary Cohn & Wolfe team is based in Austin, Texas, a core SONIC market, and SONIC has access to the full resources and specialist expertise of the agency network.
“Cohn & Wolfe brings highly relevant QSR and retail experience, fresh thinking, quick-turn agility, and the resources of a large agency – the perfect combination to help propel SONIC’s momentum,” said Patrick Lenow, vice president of public relations at Sonic Corp. “We have a great story to tell at SONIC, and we’re confident that Cohn & Wolfe is the right partner to help us tell it.”
Cohn & Wolfe is a global communications agency and part of WPP (Nasdaq: WPPGY), the world's largest communications services group. In 2012, Advertising Age recognized Cohn & Wolfe’s independent-minded, entrepreneurial culture by naming it one of the “Best Places to Work in Marketing & Media” for the second consecutive year. In 2013, PRWeek awarded Cohn & Wolfe its top honor, “Agency of the Year,” noting the agency’s “exceptional creativity.”“SONIC offers a menu and experience so unique that it is truly unlike any other brand in the category. Our core team in Austin, having grown up with SONIC, is excited to help bring this story to more consumers around the country,” said Brooke Hovey, executive vice president at Cohn & Wolfe. “Our partnership will leverage what Cohn & Wolfe does best – insight-driven strategy, bold creativity, digital and social media engagement – to fuel the continued growth of SONIC’s business and brand.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV