RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif., March 28, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ThermoGenesis Corp. (Nasdaq:KOOL), a leading supplier of enabling technologies for the processing, storage and administration of cell therapies, today said that Dan T. Bessey has joined the Company as Chief Financial Officer. Bessey has more than 20 years of finance and accounting experience and most recently was Vice President, Chief Financial Officer of SureWest Communications, a publically traded telecommunications company that merged with Consolidated Communications in mid-2012.
Bessey joined SureWest in 1995 and held several senior finance management positions including Director, Corporate Finance; Controller; and Vice President, Finance, before being named Chief Financial Officer in 2008. Prior to joining SureWest, Bessey was associated with Ernst & Young, LLP. A Certified Public Accountant, he holds a B.S. in Business Administration/Accountancy from California State University, Sacramento.
"We are delighted to have Dan join ThermoGenesis. His breadth of experience in a number of areas, including operations, strategic planning, finance management and M&A, will be of great value as we continue to execute our growth strategy. He also provides additional depth to our senior management team and I look forward to his contributing in a number of key areas across the Company," said Matthew Plavan, Chief Executive Officer."I am excited about the opportunity at ThermoGenesis, as it is at the forefront of groundbreaking technologies in regenerative medicine," Bessey said. "The Company has realized a number of important accomplishments over the past year and significantly improved its financial position. In addition, ThermoGenesis has a solid and achievable plan in place to realize growth and enhanced stockholder value," he added. About ThermoGenesis Corp. ThermoGenesis Corp. ( www.thermogenesis.com ) is a leader in developing and manufacturing automated blood processing systems and disposable products that enable the manufacture, preservation and delivery of cell and tissue therapy products. These include:
- The BioArchive ® System, an automated cryogenic device, used by cord blood stem cell banks in more than 30 countries for cryopreserving and archiving cord blood stem cell units for transplant.
- AXP ® AutoXpress ® Platform (AXP), a proprietary family of automated devices that includes the AXP and the MXP ® MarrowXpress ® and companion sterile blood processing disposables for harvesting stem cells in closed systems. The AXP device is used for the processing of cord blood. The MXP is used for the preparation of cell concentrates, including stem cells from bone marrow aspirates in the laboratory setting.
- The Res-Q ® 60 BMC/PRP (Res-Q), a point-of-care system designed for the preparation of cell concentrates, including stem cells, from bone marrow aspirates and whole blood for platelet rich plasma (PRP).
CONTACT: ThermoGenesis Corp. Web site: http://www.thermogenesis.com Investor Relations +1-916-858-5107, or email@example.com
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts