TranSwitch Corporation (NASDAQ: TXCC) today announced the pricing of an underwritten public offering of 7,055,000 units at a price to the public of $0.50 per share. Each unit consists of one share of common stock and a warrant to purchase 0.50 of a share of common stock. The warrants have an exercise price of $0.58 per share. The company also granted the underwriter a 45-day option to acquire an additional 1,245,000 units to cover overallotments in connection with the offering, which has been exercised in full. After the underwriting discount and estimated offering expenses payable by the company, the company expects to receive net proceeds of approximately $3.7 million (which includes the exercise of the overallotment option). The offering is expected to close on April 3, 2013, subject to customary closing conditions. Maxim Group LLC is acting as the sole manager for the offering.
TranSwitch intends to use the net proceeds from the offering for product development, general corporate purposes and working capital. The units described above are being offered by TranSwitch Corporation pursuant to a registration statement previously filed with and subsequently declared effective by the Securities and Exchange Commission. A prospectus supplement relating to the offering will be filed with the SEC and will be available on the SEC’s website at http://www.sec.gov.
This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any of the securities described herein, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state or jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or jurisdiction. Copies of the prospectus supplement and accompanying base prospectus relating to this offering may be obtained from Maxim Group LLC 405 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10174, (800) 724-0761.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV