Rackspace® Hosting (NYSE: RAX), the open cloud company, today announced the strategic acquisition of Exceptional Cloud Services to enhance its toolset for developers deploying and managing applications in the open cloud. Through this deal, Rackspace will expand its portfolio of developer solutions to include error tracking and Redis-as-a-Service capabilities. These solutions from Exceptional Cloud Services are currently used by more than 50,000 application developers.
“Rackspace is improving the key technologies used by developers in the open cloud. Our focus on the developer community is deeper than ever before and we are carefully adding strategic technologies to our open hybrid cloud portfolio, while keeping the needs of application developers in mind,” said Pat Matthews, senior vice president of corporate development at Rackspace. “Through the acquisition of Exceptional Cloud Services, we’re gaining technology and expertise that will provide startups and cloud developers with the tools that help them deliver more reliable customer experiences and to bring the next generation of cloud-based apps to market faster.”
As part of the agreement, Rackspace will acquire the following products:
- Exceptional.io - Exceptional tracks errors in over 6,000 web applications. The service reports errors in real-time and gathers the information developers need to fix them fast.
- Airbrake.io - Airbrake collects errors generated by other applications and aggregates the results for review.
- Redis To Go - Redis To Go makes managing Redis instances easier, whether it’s one instance or hundreds. Faster caching and easier in-memory dataset operations deployed on demand.
Startups like StickerMule, HowAboutWe and larger customers such as Exec, Groupon, HotelTonight, Oracle, TaskRabbit and Zendesk rely on these technologies to enhance their development, troubleshooting and Big Data applications.Due in part to increased developer demand for more tools and capabilities that will help them design and deliver cloud applications to market, Rackspace launched its open cloud platform in 2012 including a full suite of compute, storage and networking offerings. As part of its ongoing emphasis on supporting developers, Rackspace added Mailgun, a programmable email platform in August 2012, ObjectRocket, a scalable and high-performing MongoDB database as a service (DBaaS) in February 2013, and now the latest collection of technologies from Exceptional Cloud Services.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts