- Breast shape. An augmented breast is rounder than a natural one. Consequently, the somewhat conical cup of a standard bra is not a good fit. Because of increased volume, the augmented breast also needs a deeper cup than a normal one.
- Breast footprint. An augmented breast has a smaller footprint than a natural breast. The oval-shaped underwire in a normal bra is too wide to effectively support a breast with an implant.
- Cleavage width. Breasts with implants often feature cleavage that is wider than a natural profile. As a result, the connector between the cups of a regular bra is too narrow for augmented breasts, which have a smaller base. Breasts with implants are better supported by a large center connector, as it is important that the bra fit snugly against the skin between the breasts.
Dr. David B. Brothers Reveals 3 Reasons Women With Implants Require A Special Bra
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.