Dr. David B. Brothers Reveals 3 Reasons Women With Implants Require A Special Bra
ATLANTA, March 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Breast augmentation surgery was the most popular plastic surgery performed in 2012, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Although satisfaction with the procedure is high, many women have found it difficult to find stylish, comfortable bras that fit well after the procedure. Dr. David B. Brothers, a board certified plastic surgeon who helped develop Le Mystere No. 9, a special collection of bras for augmented women, explains the need for the line.
"The augmented breast differs from a natural breast in several key areas," says Dr. Brothers. "The design of an ordinary bra does not allow for these disparities, which leads to a variety of complaints from women with enhanced breasts."
Dr. Brothers cites three reasons that special bras for augmented breasts may be required:
- Breast shape. An augmented breast is rounder than a natural one. Consequently, the somewhat conical cup of a standard bra is not a good fit. Because of increased volume, the augmented breast also needs a deeper cup than a normal one.
- Breast footprint. An augmented breast has a smaller footprint than a natural breast. The oval-shaped underwire in a normal bra is too wide to effectively support a breast with an implant.
- Cleavage width. Breasts with implants often feature cleavage that is wider than a natural profile. As a result, the connector between the cups of a regular bra is too narrow for augmented breasts, which have a smaller base. Breasts with implants are better supported by a large center connector, as it is important that the bra fit snugly against the skin between the breasts.
Applying clinical research, careful measurements, and patient feedback, Dr. Brothers partnered with lingerie manufacturer Le Mystere to develop specialized bras for women with implants. The patented design provides the specific fit and support that breast augmentation patients need. The bras solve the problems listed above with a more spherical cup; an underwire that mimics the semicircular shape of an implant; and a wider center connector to provide better support.Dr. Brothers suggests a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the differences in the breast before and after augmentation. A comprehensive discussion can help the potential patient form realistic expectations for breast enhancement surgery.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts