- You are 4 times more likely to get into an accident using your phone while driving, and
- You are 23 times more likely to get into an accident if you text while driving www.Distraction.gov
- According to the National Safety Council, www.nsc.org, 23% of all traffic crashes in 2011, or 1.3 million accidents involved cell phone use.
- Those crashes caused 3,331 deaths and another 387,000 injured, according to www.cdc.gov. A CDC study showed that 69% of drivers in the US reported that they had talked on their cell phone driving within the previous 30 days, and 31% had read or sent a text.
- In an NSC survey, a substantial proportion of the people who expressed negative attitudes towards cell phone use while driving actually admitted to doing so themselves.
- In 2012, California police issued 425,041 tickets for talking on handheld phones while driving (CA Highway Patrol)
Pervasive Societal Problem Of Distracted Driving Addressed By New Cell Phone Car Mount From Mobio
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts