NEW YORK, March 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE:OMC) today announced that Thomas L. Harrison, chairman of its Diversified Agency Services division (DAS), will become chairman emeritus of the division effective April 1.
In making the announcement, John D. Wren, CEO and president of Omnicom Group said, "For sixteen years, Tom has brought entrepreneurial passion, strategic insight and counsel, and excellence to his leadership role at DAS."
Built upon organic client growth and strategic acquisition, DAS is widely acknowledged as the industry's premier network of specialty marketing and communications companies.According to Dale A. Adams, DAS CEO and president, "I have had the privilege of working closely with Tom for more than 15 years now and he has made a distinctive difference in the professional lives of all those around him. I could not be more pleased that as chairman emeritus, Tom will be available as a trusted advisor." Adams continued, "As you look at the continuum of his career, Tom has had great impact at every point along the way – with clients, with talent and throughout our global enterprise." Said Harrison, "I am very proud of what we have accomplished at DAS - how we are defined today and how we compete in the changing world of marketing and communications. It is gratifying to see the intellectual value we provide across disciplines and how we help our clients, their businesses and brands win." Harrison continued, "We have built a strong and palpable culture driven by an entrepreneurial mindset and behavior. Our people bring that entrepreneurial, innovative and insightful approach to their client relationships and their work around the world. I am honored to have contributed to our success and, as always, will remain ready to provide Dale and DAS with my strategic advice and counsel as they continue to succeed."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV