UnitedHealthcare has presented 16 organizations with the “Well Deserved” award for 2012, an annual honor given to employers who demonstrate an exceptional commitment to helping their employees improve their health and well-being by investing in worksite wellness programs.
Among the 2012 winners, five organizations have won the “Well Deserved” award three times. In recognition of these organizations’ long-term commitment to employee health and well-being, UnitedHealthcare presented them with a Leadership Award to honor this multiyear distinction. Leadership Award winners include:
- City of Arlington, Texas
- City of Austin, Texas
- Shamrock Foods Company, Phoenix, Ariz.
- State of Rhode Island
- Texas Mutual Insurance Company, Austin, Texas
Four organizations have won the “Well Deserved” award twice and were presented with a Golden Apple Award:
- Adams County Government, Brighton, Colo.
- City of Dublin, Ohio
- GTECH Corp., Providence, R.I.
- NCH Corporation, Irving, Texas
Other “Well Deserved” award winners were:
- City of Columbus, Ohio
- City of Milwaukee, Wis.
- Creighton University, Omaha, Neb.
- Narragansett Bay Commission, Providence, R.I.
- Pinellas County Government, Clearwater, Fla.
- Sally Beauty Holdings LLC, Denton, Texas
- The School District of Palm Beach County, West Palm Beach, Fla.
Chronic diseases – such as heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes and arthritis – are among the most common, costly and preventable health problems. The use of effective workplace programs and policies may reduce health risks and improve the quality of life for millions of people across the United States, while reducing health care costs to individuals and employers, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.