Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, announced that its nearly 700 stores will host informative educator events and additional discounts on classroom and personal purchases, including NOOK, during Educator Appreciation Days, April 13-21, 2013.
Educators who shop at Barnes & Noble during Educator Appreciation Days will receive:
- $20 off NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ (limit 2 per educator);
- A 25% discount on personal and classroom purchases;
- A 10% discount on DVDs and music; and
- A chance to win either a NOOK ® or a $500 Barnes & Noble gift card (one winner per region).
As part of Educator Appreciation Days, Barnes & Noble stores will host special workshops for pre-K through grade 12 teachers, librarians, curriculum specialists and administrators focusing on the Common Core State Standards, NOOK in the Classroom, homeschooling, grant writing and more.
“Our stores craft their own unique educator events based on topics important to educators in their markets,” says Sarah DiFrancesco, Director of Business Development for Barnes & Noble. “We’re hearing a lot from educators about The Common Core State Standards, so we’re encouraging stores to host open houses on this topic. That way we can hear from educators about how they’re planning to implement the standards and what books and products they need from us to be successful.”Homeschooling will be another key focus during Educator Appreciation Days. “Many homeschool teachers aren’t aware that they’re eligible for the Barnes & Noble Educator Discount Card,” DiFrancesco continues. “They’re also eligible for bulk pricing just like a school or district, so long as they purchase jointly through an association. And we know they’re incorporating digital into their plans, so we want to make sure they get the special $20 discount on NOOK ® HD and NOOK ® HD+ that we’re offering during our Educator Appreciation Days.” Many stores also will host My Favorite Teacher Award contest celebrations, honoring their local winner and inviting the student who wrote the winning essay, poem or letter to read it aloud to friends, family and supporters from the school, district and community. Each local My Favorite Teacher Award winner is entered into a regional contest, where five winners receive a NOOK HD and a $500 Barnes & Noble gift card. From the pool of regional winners, Barnes & Noble will name one teacher the Barnes & Noble National Teacher of the Year. The winning teacher will receive $5,000 and the title of “Barnes & Noble Teacher of the Year.” Barnes & Noble will also donate $5,000 to the winning teacher’s school.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV