March 28, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Zinio today announced a strategic partnership with Nokia to launch the world's largest digital newsstand exclusively to Nokia Lumia smartphone customers.
The Zinio Windows Phone 8 app debuts a new look and feel that has been optimized specifically for the smartphone experience, supporting and promoting the unique and intuitive features inherent in the Windows Phone 8 platform and on Lumia devices. The partnership will also deliver special magazine promotions to Nokia Lumia customers providing them with the next generation digital magazine reading experience.
The announcement, released today at the Association of Magazine Media's Swipe 2.0 conference in
, marks a further expansion of Zinio's reach and coverage, following its Windows 8 launch across tablets, notebooks and desktops in late 2012.
"We're delighted to bring Zinio's leading app experience to Nokia Lumia smartphones with Windows Phone 8," said
, VP for Global Partner & App Development at Nokia. "Our ClearBlack phone displays are packed full of technology that delivers an enhanced viewing and reading experience in all conditions, be that at home or out and about on a sunny day."
Zinio's new app provides the leading digital magazine experience to the Nokia Lumia range.
, President of Zinio, states, "Nokia Lumia smartphones with Windows Phone 8 were the perfect platform for Zinio to bring the future of digital magazine reading for discerning digital readers. We've rethought every portion of our smartphone reading experience to be as intuitive as possible, allowing digital readers to fully immerse themselves in the magazine content that connects them with their diverse interests."
Zinio's Windows Phone 8 app will be exclusive to Nokia Lumia customers at launch and is designed to provide an engaging reading experience that encourages the discovery of new and relevant content. New features include:
- Reading List – a seamless, up to the minute stream of select articles from trending magazines and full issues from user libraries, available offline and online
- Background downloading – Reading Lists update automatically while on wireless, fetching new articles and magazines.
- Personalization features – new preference picker allows users to define the article stream in their Reading List by area of interest
- Windows Phone 8 live tile support, bookmarks, pinning, and more
- Improved text mode support for easy reading on smartphone screens
Zinio fans will still enjoy all of the core benefits and features Zinio has always offered including seamless reading, cross-platform access, and the ability to purchase content as single issues, subscriptions and back issues.