TORONTO, March 28, 2013 /CNW/ - Alacer Gold Corp. ( "Alacer") [TSX: ASR and ASX: AQG] is pleased to announce that the Australian Foreign Investment Review Board has approved the sale of Alacer's 49% minority interest in the Frog's Leg Mine joint venture, its 24.5% interest in the Lake Greta joint venture, and its 40% interest in the Avoca joint venture to La Mancha Resources Australia Pty Limited.
The transaction is expected to close on April 5, 2013. After closing, Alacer's Board of Directors will approve the related special dividend of approximately $70 million and a record date for determining Alacer's shareholders will be set. Additional details regarding the special dividend will be released to the market once final.
Mr. David Quinlivan, President and Chief Executive Officer of Alacer stated, "The impending closing of the Frog's Leg sale and finalizing the special dividend demonstrates Alacer's commitment to maximizing portfolio value and returning value to shareholders."
About AlacerAlacer Gold Corp. is a leading intermediate gold mining company with interests in multiple mines which provide ore to three processing facilities in Australia and Turkey:
- 80% interest in the Çöpler Gold Mine;
- 100% interest in the Higginsville Gold Operations; and
- 100% interest in the South Kalgoorlie Gold Operations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV