LONG BEACH, Calif., March 28, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- UTi Worldwide Inc. (Nasdaq:UTIW) today reported financial results for its fiscal 2013 fourth quarter ended January 31, 2013.
Fiscal Fourth Quarter 2013 vs. 2012 Results:
- Revenues were $1,099.3 million, a decrease of 4.7 percent from $1,153.6 million.
- Net revenues (revenues minus purchased transportation costs) were $371.1 million, a decrease of 8.7 percent from $406.5 million.
- Net loss attributable to UTi Worldwide Inc. was $142.8 million, or $1.38 per diluted share, compared to net income of $12.4 million, or $0.12 per diluted share.
- Excluding the items described below, non-GAAP net loss attributable to UTi Worldwide Inc. was $13.4 million, or $0.13 per diluted share, compared to non-GAAP net income of $14.7 million, or $0.15 per diluted share.
- Adjustments to GAAP net loss in the fiscal 2013 fourth quarter included after-tax goodwill and intangible asset impairment charges and severance costs totaling $95.0 million, or $0.92 per diluted share. In addition, the company increased its valuation allowance on deferred tax assets by $34.5 million, or $0.33 per diluted share.
- Adjustments to GAAP net income in the fiscal 2012 fourth quarter were comprised of after-tax intangible asset impairment charges, severance and other costs totaling $7.9 million, or $0.08 per diluted share. The company also reduced its valuation allowance on deferred tax assets by $5.6 million, or $0.05 per diluted share.
- All references to adjusted items and organic items in this release refer to non-GAAP results. A reconciliation of GAAP to these non-GAAP results is provided in the supplemental financial information attached to this release.
Eric W. Kirchner, chief executive officer, said, "Results in our fiscal 2013 fourth quarter reflect ongoing weakness in the airfreight market and a challenging pricing environment in freight forwarding. In addition, the competitive dynamics in the industry remain the toughest seen in many years. In contract logistics and distribution, we experienced reduced activity at existing locations and made investments to prepare for newly won business. While we secured new business in both segments in the fourth quarter, declines in net revenue from existing accounts more than offset these wins. Clearly these results are not satisfactory. In response, we completed in January and February the previously announced actions necessary to reduce expenses, and we will continue to manage costs throughout fiscal 2014. We also have begun to take steps designed to improve our growth rates, including making changes to our sales organization."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV