Comcast, the nation’s largest Internet service provider, today announced it is increasing the speeds of two of its most popular XFINITY Internet speed plans, Blast! and Extreme 50, in Colorado for no additional cost. Customers will enjoy faster Internet speeds on multiple devices, allowing them to surf, chat, stream HD movies and TV shows, or game online with double the speed. Also for no additional cost, Comcast is increasing the speed of its widely used Performance plan by more than 30 percent. The change is effective immediately. To activate the new speeds, customers just need to re-start their cable modems.
“As customer demands and technology evolve, we continue to increase our broadband speeds to deliver the best, fastest and most reliable Internet experience possible,” said Rich Jennings, Senior Vice President for Comcast’s Mile High Region. “Whether they’re chatting, surfing, streaming, gaming, downloading or Skyping, families will get the superfast, high-performing Internet service they need, with no extra charge.”
Specific speed increases include:
- The Blast! plan is increasing download speeds from up to 25 Mbps to speeds up to 50 Mbps. Upload speeds will more than double, from up to 4 Mbps to up to 10 Mbps.
- Extreme 50 is increasing download speeds from up to 50 Mbps to up to 105 Mbps. Upload speeds will increase from 15 Mbps to 20 Mbps.
- The Performance plan is increasing speeds from 15 Mbps downstream to up to 20 Mbps and from 2 Mbps upstream to 4 Mbps.
In addition, for the third consecutive year, the Federal Communications Commission has shown that Comcast delivers speeds to customers that are even faster than the advertised speeds. Comcast is not only delivering the nation’s fastest Internet, but it is also providing the fastest in-home WiFi with its latest XFINITY Wireless Gateway, an all-in-one device that gives customers reliably fast speeds with the most coverage in their home so everyone can get online and do more on their devices all at the same time.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV