U.S. Stocks Poised to Beat All-Time Record
Futures for May crude oil contracts at the New York Mercantile Exchange were sliding 20 cents to $96.38 a barrel.
The benchmark 10-year Treasury was dropping 3/32, boosting the yield to 1.858%. The dollar was slipping 0.12%, according to the U.S. dollar index.
In corporate news, BlackBerry (UAL) reported Thursday a surprise fourth-quarter profit and said it expects to break even next quarter, as the company continues to cut costs and implement its turnaround strategy. Shares of the company were effective unchanged in premarket trades.
Red Hat (RHT) shares were losing 3.4% to $49.97 in premarket hours on Thursday after the company posted on Wednesday a slight miss on fourth-quarter revenue, but saw earnings rise. The software solutions corporation said it earned 36 cents a share on revenue of $348 million. Analysts were looking for earnings of 30 cents a share on revenue of $349.4 million.PVH (PVH) said Wednesday that fourth-quarter earnings hit $1.60, a jump of more than double the same time a year ago. Shares of the company lost 4.5% to $107.70 after it announced adjusted 2013 earnings of just $7 a share, which was lower than analysts' expectations of $7.40 a share. Shares were down 3.4% to $108.95 in premarket action. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact by Email. Follow @JoeDeaux
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV