U.S. Stocks Poised to Beat All-Time Record
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- U.S. stock futures were pointing to a higher open on Thursday as the S&P nears its all-time record despite uncertainties posed by the reopening of Cyprus' banks and softer-than-expected U.S. economic data.
Futures for the S&P 500 were inching higher by 1.25 points, or 0.08%, to 1558.
Cyprus banks reopened on Thursday for the first time since March 16 as many customers waited outside financial branches to access their accounts in the wake of a €10 billion bailout deal agreed upon by the Cypriot government, the European Commission, the European Central Bank and the International Monetary Fund. The deal involved strict capital controls that would allow each saver to withdraw no more than €300 per day and withdrawals from abroad of no more than € 5,000."Their
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV