March 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
shows how pizzas in the north are better value
This Easter weekend is set to be more Italian pizza than Swiss chocolate, as the UK's obsession for delivery and take-away pizzas hits an all-time high - according to the money-saving and voucher code website
With these tough economic times not showing any sign of ending soon - not to mention this unseasonably cold weather - the UK is staying in more and spending any extra cash they have on the likes of
, who is currently making the most of the popularity of pizza with almost 150,00 people searching for amazing pizza deals and discounts on Google every month - compared to a meagre 2500 for chocolate deals.*
But where should you go if you want to get the best 'price per slice'? Savoo has undertaken research that shows there are some incredible pizza deals in the UK.
- On average, a pepperoni pizza in the north is £4 cheaper than in the south
- Belfast has the cheapest Margherita pizza costing a lowly £4
- On average, a large pepperoni pizza in London will cost £14.40 - almost £4 more than the rest of the UK
- The cheapest large Margherita pizza out of the major players comes from Brothers Pizza in Belfast costing just £5
- If you use the big three (Pizza Hut, Dominos or Papa John's) you will pay 28% more for a large pepperoni than a local pizzeria
To see more stats about how this freezing Easter is set to be a blockbuster for pizza orders please visit:
And please spare a thought for the dude on the moped and give him a decent tip!