March 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
DQ Entertainment International (DQE), a leading animation, gaming, live action, entertainment production and distribution company, is pleased to announce a number of new licensing and merchandising deals concluded during the quarter ended
March 2013, mostly in USA.
The most significant of these were signed by DQE's partner in
SMC Entertainment Group, Inc. (
) in collaboration with the home-video distribution licensee
, who have launched "The Jungle Book" DVDs across all Walmart stores in USA and are launching in
Recently, DQE and SMC concluded a high-value licensing deal with
Burger King Worldwide (BKW)
for a Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) - promotion that will begin worldwide in June '13.
Other important new licensing and merchandising agreements for "The Jungle Book" franchise concluded recently include:
Tapaas Chakravarti, Chairman and CEO of DQE
- Magic Jump Inc. for inflatable bounce houses in USA and Canada
- Dynamic Displays for 45' Helium Parade Balloons in USA
- Cardinal I ndustries , Inc for Lenticular Puzzles and Wood Puzzles and Board Games in USA and Canada
- Dragon Toys for Battery Operated Animatronics in USA & Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
- CraftStone for Plush toys, fabric sublimation printed story books, mini blankets & other plush accessories in Europe and Asia
- Bendon Publishing for Coloring and Activity, Board Books and Story Books in USA and Canada
- PlayWow International Ltd. for Inflatable Toys, Inflatable Bath Toys and Roto Molded Toys in USA, South Africa and Australia
- Promotional tie-up with Norton Anti-viru s in USA
- Promotional tie-up with Air Transat for in-flight entertainment in the USA and Canada;
- Budge Studios for apps on IOS and Android platforms;
- Mandodari for DVD part works in Italy; and
- Compupress for DVD partworks in Greece & Cyprus
franchise across multiple geographies and
product lines. Based on the success of our
TV series - which is validated by the quality of partners it has attracted globally - we will continue very focussed efforts on
exploiting the revenue potential from licensing of our other properties such as
5 and IT
Rami Ben-Moshe, President SMC Entertainment Group, Inc.,
TV series momentum continues to build and we are thrilled with the host of partners, pr
omotions and retail support that is all-
ready lined up for 2013 and beyond!
We are also excited about the additional content that will be developed by DQ Entertainment which will help support the consumer products efforts for years to come.
About "The Jungle Book":
Based on stories from
immortal classic, "The Jungle Book" series features delightful tales of wit, friendship, courage and loyalty with the man-cub Mowgli and his friends in the dense Indian jungle. The series is filled with drama, excitement and adventure mixed with comedy as it unfolds Mowgli's escapades especially from his enemy
, the tiger, with the help of Baloo the wise bear, Bagheera the black panther and (sometimes!) the mighty Kaa, the rock python.
DQE is a leading global entertainment group listed on AIM in
and the BSE and NSE in
specializing in animation, gaming and VFX content production, licensing and distribution. DQE is associated globally with major intellectual properties such as
The Jungle Book, Charlie Chaplin, Peter Pan, Iron Man,
, Little Prince, Lassie, Robin Hood
and other properties, in partnership with international broadcasters, distributors and independent producers in
. Season 1 of
The Jungle Book
has been broadcast in over 130 countries while season 2 is currently in production. DQE employs a large creative talent pool which has produced a 3D stereoscopic feature film
for Warner Bros,
& Fidélité Films, and
The Jungle Book feature film
, with lead writing by
) is currently in development.
About SMC Entertainment Group, Inc.:
SMC Entertainment Group, Inc., headquartered in
Los Angeles, CA
, is the North American brand owner for television, home entertainment, licensing, merchandising and promotional rights to the new 3D CGI animated TV series "The Jungle Book" and the made-for-TV 60-minute movie special "Rumble in the Jungle" from DQ Entertainment International. SMC Entertainment Group Inc. secured the master toy rights for "The Jungle Book" for
, plus, all licensing and merchandising rights for
. Most recently, SMC Entertainment Group, Inc. was appointed by ZDF Enterprises as the exclusive North American licensing agent for the new teen/tween TV drama series Dance Academy and the popular "hit" series, "H20 Just Add Water".
For further information, please contact:
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts