News Summary: Where To Find Free Tax Help
By The Associated Press
FREE TAX FILING: Free tax help is available, and it's not only for those in financial need.
WHERE TO FIND IT: The Internal Revenue Service and AARP offer free services, such as filing online and in-person tax preparation. For taxpayers who earn under a certain amount each year, the free offers are sweeter. The IRS provides free in-person federal tax preparation as well as free brand name online tax preparation.
WHO IT'S FOR: The free options are best for people with uncomplicated finances. If you're running a small business or own investment property, you will be better off hiring a professional.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV