By The Associated Press(equals)
The Dow Jones industrial average fell 33.49 points to close at 14,526.16, a loss of 0.2 percent. The Standard & Poor's 500 index slipped 0.92 to 1,562.85. The Nasdaq composite inched up 4.04 points, or 0.1 percent, to 3,256.52.
Benchmark oil for May delivery gained 24 cents to close at a five-week high of $96.68 per barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Brent crude, used to price many kinds of oil imported by U.S. refineries, rose 33 cents to $109.69 a barrel on the ICE Futures exchange in London.Wholesale gasoline rose less than a penny to $3.12 a gallon. Heating oil rose 4 cents to $3.04 a gallon. Natural gas advanced by 8 cents to $4.07 per 1,000 cubic feet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV