Elliott Management beneficially owns around 4% of Hess common stock, which would be around $976 million worth of shares by my calculations (the current market cap is around $24.4 billion).
The slugfest between Hess and Singer continues.
Meanwhile, if you want to catch the next HES-style energy opportunity, our own Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link like Occidental Petroleum (OXY), which pays a delectable 3.28% current yield-to-price and trades at slightly more than 10 times forward (one-year) earnings.
You'd be well-served to watch Wednesday's video interview with them. It spells out the investment thesis for OXY and the potential surprises that may mirror what happened to HES.Cramer says OXY is "undermanaged like Hess," which speaks to why this writer owns both companies. HES has already made a major move higher and OXY, for now, is still unaware that it might be entering its own shareholder slugfest that may send shares significantly higher in the months ahead. At the time of publication the author was long HES and OXY. Follow @m8a2r1 This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage. Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real money portfolio for his charitable trust- enjoy advance notice of every trade, full access to the portfolio, and deep coverage of the latest economic events and market movements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV