PVH Corp. [NYSE: PVH] reported 2012 fourth quarter and full year results.
The discussions of historical results in this release that refer to non-GAAP amounts exclude the items which are described in this release under the heading “Non-GAAP Exclusions.” Reconciliations of GAAP to non-GAAP amounts are presented later in this release and identify and quantify all excluded items.
Overview of Fourth Quarter Results:
- Earnings per share was $1.60 on a non-GAAP basis, which includes a favorable impact related to the change in the Company’s method of accounting for retirement plans and represents a 34% increase over the prior year period’s non-GAAP earnings per share of $1.19 (as adjusted for the change). Absent the change in accounting method, non-GAAP earnings per share would have been $1.54 for the fourth quarter, which exceeds the top end of the Company’s previous guidance by $0.05, and compares to $1.18 for the fourth quarter of 2011.
- GAAP earnings per share was $1.09, which includes a negative impact related to the change in the Company’s method of accounting for retirement plans and represents a 127% increase over the prior year period’s GAAP earnings per share of $0.48 (as adjusted for the change). The negative impact of the change was $0.17 in 2012 and $0.63 in 2011.
- Revenue of $1.636 billion increased 7% as compared to the prior year, including a 3% negative impact attributable to the exit from the Izod women’s and Timberland wholesale sportswear businesses and foreign currency translation and a 3% benefit from an additional week of revenue, as the 2012 fiscal year included 53 weeks of operations.
- Operating margin on a non-GAAP basis increased 250 basis points due to a 320 basis point gross margin increase, driven by continued faster growth in the higher-margin Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger businesses, combined with decreased product costs across all of the Company’s businesses. GAAP operating margin increased 440 basis points due to the gross margin increase discussed above, combined with a decrease in pension expense.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV