Ambac Reminds Investors That Its Common Stock Will Be Cancelled Upon Emergence From Bankruptcy
Ambac Financial Group, Inc. (“Ambac”) (ticker symbol: ABKFQ) seeks to remind investors, as previously reported, including on page 4 and elsewhere in Ambac’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012, that our Fifth Amended Plan of Reorganization, which was confirmed by the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York on March 14, 2012, provides for our common stock to be cancelled. Accordingly, holders of our common stock will not receive any distribution with respect to, or be able to recover any portion of, their investment in such securities. As such, all of our currently outstanding equity securities will be cancelled and have no value upon our emergence from bankruptcy.
On November 8, 2010, Ambac Financial Group, Inc. (“Ambac”) filed for a voluntary petition for relief under Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code (“Bankruptcy Code”) in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York (“Bankruptcy Court”). The Bankruptcy Court entered an order confirming Ambac’s plan of reorganization on March 14, 2012, however, Ambac is not currently able to estimate when it will be able to consummate such reorganization. Until the plan of reorganization is consummated and Ambac emerges from bankruptcy, it will continue to operate in the ordinary course of business as “debtor-in-possession” in accordance with the applicable provisions of the Bankruptcy Code and the orders of the Bankruptcy Court.
Ambac’s principal operating subsidiary, Ambac Assurance Corporation, is a guarantor of public finance and structured finance obligations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV