Last quarter, Greenbrier announced the addition of Martin Graham to the North American manufacturing management team. Graham formerly held top positions at both Trinity Rail as President of North American Freightcar, and at Thrall Car Manufacturing Co. as President and Chief Operating Officer.
These additions to our manufacturing team will support our goals of safety, quality, and efficiency throughout our Manufacturing segment. Our objective is to achieve steadily improving manufacturing margins in North America as we increase production to address growth in railcar demand for our diversified product lines.
During the previous fiscal year, Greenbrier produced a record number of tank and railcars and opened a third production facility in Mexico while introducing other production lines across its North American operations, supporting a broad manufacturing capability in various freight car types. Greenbrier's North American manufacturing revenues reported in 2012 are about five times those in 2010. In its fiscal year ended August 31, 2012, Greenbrier had manufacturing revenue of $1.25 billion and gross margin of $132 million.
Greenbrier, ( www.gbrx.com), headquartered in Lake Oswego, Oregon, is a leading supplier of transportation equipment and services to the railroad industry. Greenbrier builds new railroad freight cars in its four manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and Mexico and marine barges at its U.S. facility. It also repairs and refurbishes freight cars and provides wheels and railcar parts at 39 locations across North America. Greenbrier builds new railroad freight cars and refurbishes freight cars for the European market through both its operations in Poland and various subcontractor facilities throughout Europe. Greenbrier owns approximately 9,000 railcars, and performs management services for approximately 225,000 railcars.SOURCE The Greenbrier Companies, Inc. (GBX)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV