Progress Software Corporation (NASDAQ: PRGS), a global software company that simplifies and enables the development, deployment and management of business applications, announced today results for its fiscal first quarter ended February 28, 2013.
Revenue was $89.3 million compared to $87.2 million, a year over year increase of 3% on a constant currency basis, or an increase of 2% using actual exchange rates.
On a GAAP basis in the fiscal first quarter of 2013:
- Income from operations was $14.7 million compared to $19.2 million in the same quarter last year;
- Income from continuing operations was $9.1 million compared to $12.0 million in the same quarter last year;
- Net income was $31.1 million compared to $7.5 million in the same quarter last year, and includes the gains on the divestitures of the Actional, Artix, DataXtend, ObjectStore, Orbacus, Orbix, Savvion and Sonic product lines of $35.1 million; and
- Diluted earnings per share from continuing operations was $0.16 compared to $0.19 in the same quarter last year.
On a non-GAAP basis in the fiscal first quarter of 2013:
- Income from operations was $21.1 million compared to $26.7 million in the same quarter last year;
- Operating margin was 24%;
- Income from continuing operations was $13.5 million compared to $18.4 million in the same quarter last year; and
- Diluted earnings per share from continuing operations was $0.23 compared to $0.29 in the same quarter last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV