Fourth quarter sales increase of 38.0% to $173.6 million Fourth quarter GAAP diluted EPS of $0.35; adjusted EPS of $0.39
PHILADELPHIA, March 27, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Five Below, Inc. (Nasdaq:FIVE) today announced financial results for the fourteen weeks and fifty-three weeks ended February 2, 2013.
For the fourteen weeks ended February 2, 2013:
- Net sales increased by 38.0% to $173.6 million from $125.8 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011; comparable store sales increased by 4.4% on a thirteen week basis.
- Operating income increased to $33.0 million from $20.1 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011. Adjusted operating income, which excludes the impact of the founders' transaction in both periods and costs associated with the Company's secondary public offering in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012 (see GAAP/Non-GAAP reconciliation table), increased to $35.6 million from $26.4 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011.
- The Company opened 1 new store and ended the quarter with 244 stores in 18 states, an increase of 27% from the end of fiscal 2011.
- Net interest expense (income) increased to $0.5 million from $(24,000) in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011. The increase in net interest expense resulted from a $100 million term loan entered into in the second quarter of fiscal 2012, of which $65.5 million has been repaid subsequent to the completion of the Company's initial public offering ("IPO") on July 24, 2012.
- Net income was $19.2 million compared to $12.4 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011. Adjusted net income, which excludes the impact of the founders' transaction in both periods and costs associated with the secondary public offering in the fourth quarter of 2012 (see GAAP/Non-GAAP reconciliation table), was $21.4 million compared to $16.1 million for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011.
- U.S. generally accepted accounting principles, or GAAP, diluted income per common share was $0.35 compared to $0.17 in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011 and includes GAAP adjustments for income attributable to participating securities in fiscal 2012 and fiscal 2011 and GAAP adjustments for the potential impact of the Company's Series A 8% Convertible Preferred Stock cumulative dividends in fiscal 2011. Adjusted diluted income per common share, which is adjusted net income on an adjusted diluted weighted average common shares outstanding basis (see GAAP/Non-GAAP reconciliation table), was $0.39 per share compared to $0.31 per share in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV