Brigus Gold Corp. (“Brigus” or the “Company”)(NYSE MKT: BRD; TSX: BRD) announces results for the fourth quarter (“Q4-12”) and the year-ended December 31, 2012.
Key milestones for the year include a 39% increase in production and achieving cash costs of $685 per ounce in the fourth quarter.
Wade Dawe, Chairman and CEO of Brigus Gold, commented: “In 2012, we successfully achieved many key objectives that align with our vision of becoming a leading Canadian gold producer. We realized record production levels at our Black Fox mine, significantly lowered our cash costs, increased profitability and continued to invest in exploration on the Grey Fox property to increase our gold resources. These positive trends will continue during 2013 as we further increase gold production and revenues while carefully managing costs and expenditures at the Black Fox mine.”
Fourth Quarter Highlights
- Cash costs of $685 per ounce, a 36% reduction from cash costs in Q4-11 which totaled $1,066.
- Increased operating margin by 81% to $964 per ounce compared to $533 per ounce in Q4-11.
- Increased production by 57% to 22,672 gold ounces compared to 14,457 ounces in Q4-11.
- Generated cash flow from operations, before working capital adjustments and the goldstream repurchase, of $17.4 million, compared to $6.6 million in Q4-11.
|Cash Costs/ ounce||$858||$799||$728||$685|
- Achieved record production of 77,374 gold ounces, a 39% increase over the 55,756 ounces produced in 2011.
- Significantly increased average head grade to 3.43 gpt in 2012 compared to 2.54 gpt in 2011.
- Generated cash flow from operations, before working capital adjustments and the goldstream repurchase, of $52.4 million, compared to $20.2 million in 2011.
- Generated positive income from mining operations of $23.3 million, compared to a loss of $4.0 million in 2011.
- Capital spending for the year totaled $53.5 million, below the prior year’s capital spending of $60.2 million.
- In Q4-12, the Company completed a $10.0 million flow-through financing to fund the Company’s 2013 exploration program.
- In Q4-12, the Company released exploration drill results from the Black Fox underground mine, which showed excellent gold grades over significant widths. Additional results from the underground exploration program will be released Q2-13.
- An updated NI 43-101 resource estimate on the Grey Fox property will be released next month followed by a bankable feasibility study in Q3-13.
- The Company completed a review of the Stock Mine property and concluded that the Stock Mine ore body remains open for expansion and potential future mining. For 2013, the Company will focus on development activities for Grey Fox and will not carry out further work on the Stock Mine property.
|For the three months ended December 31||For the twelve months ended December 31|
|Average realized gold price – including Goldstream||$1,649||$1,599||$1,597||$1,533|
|Average realized gold price – excluding Goldstream||$1,712||$1,668||$1,665||$1,589|
|Open pit ore tonnes mined||277,338||137,271||907,077||433,267|
|Open pit waste tonnes mined||1,054,830||1,426,653||5,008,332||4,849,506|
|Open pit capital stripping tonnes mined||222,900||1,072,924||2,300,545||4,644,079|
|Open pit overburden tonnes mined||1,148,408||-||1,187,040||293,680|
|Total open pit tonnes mined||2,703,476||2,636,848||9,402,994||10,220,532|
|Underground ore tonnes mined||49,671||64,216||164,926||170,899|
|Total tonnes mined||2,753,147||2,701,064||9,567,920||10,391,431|
|Tonnes milled per day||2,019||1,904||2,010||1,988|
|Head grade of ore (gpt)||4.04||2.66||3.43||2.54|
|Gold ounces produced||22,672||14,457||77,374||55,756|
|Total cash costs ($/ounce):||$685||$1,066||$762||$958|
|Operating margin ($/ounce):||$964||$533||$835||$575|
|($ thousands, except per share and ounces)||For the three months ended December 31||For the twelve months ended December 31|
|Revenue from the sale of gold||$33,266||$21,179||$117,681||$71,855|
|Mining operating costs||$23,990||$21,548||$94,335||$75,865|
|Income (loss) from mining operations||$9,276||$(369)||$23,346||$(4,010)|
|Net income and comprehensive income||$4,390||$2,407||$19,111||$15,769|
|Basic and diluted earnings per share||$0.02||$0.01||$0.09||$0.08|
|Adjusted cash flows from operations (1)||$17,456||$6,573||$52,446||$20,221|
|Gold sales in ounces||20,175||14,702||73,691||57,001|
|Total cash cost per ounce of gold sold (1)||$685||$1,066||$762||$958|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV