GAAP net income for the fourth quarter was $43 million, or $0.22 per diluted share, compared with $35 million, or $0.18 per diluted share, for the prior quarter and $36 million, or $0.18 per diluted share, in the year ago quarter. Non-GAAP adjusted net income for the fourth quarter was $70 million, or $0.36 per diluted share, after adjusting for stock compensation and amortization expenses, as detailed in the tables below. This compares to non-GAAP adjusted net income of $57 million, or $0.29 per diluted share in the prior quarter, and $57 million, or $0.29 per diluted share in the year ago quarter. Both the GAAP and non-GAAP results for the fiscal 2013 fourth quarter benefited by approximately $0.03 per share as a result of the retroactive reinstatement in January 2013 of the U.S. research tax credit.
For the full year, GAAP net income was $150 million or $0.77 per diluted share, compared with $147 million or $0.75 per diluted share in the prior year. After adjusting for stock compensation, amortization expenses and certain facility exit costs, as detailed in the tables below, non-GAAP adjusted net income for the year was $240 million or $1.23 per diluted share, compared to $216 million or $1.10 per diluted share for the previous fiscal year.
Operating cash flow totaled $137 million for the fourth quarter and $465 million for the full year. At the end of the fiscal year, the company’s total deferred revenue balance was $1.09 billion, an increase of 15% on a year-over-year basis and 10% sequentially. Cash and investments at February 28, 2013 totaled $1.32 billion after repurchasing approximately 687 thousand shares of common stock in the fourth quarter for approximately $36 million. For fiscal year 2013, Red Hat repurchased approximately 2.3 million shares, or approximately $121 million of common stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV