SNC-Lavalin Awarded Statoil's North Sea Gina Krog Jacket Engineering Contract By Heerema Fabrication Group Engineering
MONTREAL, March 27, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ - SNC-Lavalin (TSX: SNC) has been awarded a contract by HFG Engineering Europe B.V. (HFGE) to carry out part of the detailed design of the jacket for Statoil's Gina Krog offshore field development on the Norwegian continental shelf. Statoil renamed the Dagny field Gina Krog in March 2013.
The engineering for the approximately 16,000-tonne, barge-launched jacket will be executed as a joint effort of HFGE and SNC-Lavalin. SNC-Lavalin will carry out the work from its Croydon-based offices.
"We worked with HFGE on the record-breaking Valemon jacket for Statoil, and we are pleased to have the opportunity to support them once again," said Hafez Aghili, Senior Vice-President and General Manager, SNC-Lavalin UK. "This most recent award is a testament to the expertise of our offshore engineering team for both lifted and barge-launched jackets."
The Gina Krog oil, gas and condensate field will be developed using a fixed platform tied into the Sleipner field for gas export, with oil offloaded to shuttle tankers. The project is due to come online in the first quarter of 2017.SNC-Lavalin is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure, and in the provision of operations and maintenance services. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin has offices across Canada and in over 40 other countries around the world, and is currently working in some 100 countries. www.snclavalin.com SOURCE SNC-LAVALIN
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV