- Department of Defense (DoD) spending on geospatial products and research is estimated to reach $xx billion by 2017. This amount would be significantly higher if classified spending were publicly accessible for reporting.
- According to published fiscal year (FY) 2011 government documents, geospatial contracts awarded that year amounted to an estimated $xx million. On paper, joint services organizations led the other service components, acquiring xx percent of 2011 contracts.
- PAR Government Systems led the acquisition of geospatial contracts in 2011 with an estimated $xx million award for advanced full motion video (FMV) that will run through 2016.
- The use of geospatial technologies has become second nature to military operators. Basic tools have reached market capacity, and a shift to services is growing.
- The processing and exploitation of raw geospatial data continues to present challenges. Advanced sensors and collection platforms are generating more data than can be handled.
Analysis Of The U.S. Defense Geospatial Market
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts