March 27, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Analysis of the Brazilian Natural Gas Market
This research service analyzes the Brazilian natural gas market. A large portion of this service is dedicated to Petrobras,
's main participant in the oil and gas sector. Further, this service takes into account the recent discovery of the pre-salt reserves, which will be a main driver for this market. The service also contains market engineering measurements, market forecasts and trends, and a demand analysis. Market share is broken down and the competitive environment is examined. The base year is 2010, with a total study period of 2007 to 2016.
- In 2010, the natural gas market had a total revenue of over $ billion.
- It is likely to reach $ billion in 2016, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of percent.
- The major participant in this market is Petrobras. This company is represented in diverse areas such as exploration and production, processing, transportation, and distribution.
- Pre-salt discoveries will be the main driver of this market as the natural gas reserves in Brazil are huge.
- Estimated prices for the next coming years will not increase as significantly as prices in the past had increased because of the greater amounts of natural gas coming from pre-salt reserves.
- The main difficulty for entering into the Brazilian natural gas market is the necessity to compete against Petrobras, which is the largest company in Latin America.
- This research service focuses on the Brazilian market.
- Brazil is divided into five distinct regions: The North, The Northeast, the Central-West, the Southeast, and the South.
- This research service includes the country's states and its federal district.
- This research service provides a general overview of the natural gas market in Brazil.
- It covers present and future opportunities, government policies, regulations, end users, and feedstock.
Natural Gas According to Law No. 9478/97 (the Petroleum Act): "Natural gas is the portion of oil that exists in the gaseous phase or in solution in the oil reservoir in original condition and remains in a gaseous state at room temperature, (normal temperature and pressure)".