Analysis Of The Chilean Electricity Market
NEW YORK, March 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
The Chilean electricity market yields high possibilities for growth. The power generation segment is fueled by a consistent electricity demand closely related to Chile's economic expansion, which is also offering new business opportunities. On the other hand, power transmission and distribution have reduced profits seen in 2010 and become less competitive. Moreover, Chile's electricity matrix dependence on fossil fuels and hydro resources represents a challenge that has to be faced both by the government and private companies. Non-conventional renewable energy represents an efficient tool to address growing electricity demand.Executive Summary
- The Chilean electricity market is growing, and is expected to remain that way through the forecast period.
- Total market revenue was $xx billion in 2011, with electricity production of xx GWh. Market revenue will reach $xx billion by the end of forecast period at a CAGR of xx percent, in line with production output of xx GWh.
- Current and expected electricity demand stimulates power generation, and electricity is sold at profit. The continuous expansion of the country's installed capacity will sustain transmission and distribution activities, and the power supply market is likely to gain momentum as well.
- Chile's electricity rates are among the highest in Latin America, and the government implemented a power rationing decree that went into effect in February 2011.
- Chile is an attractive place to invest in non-conventional renewable energy (NCRE) projects, because solar irradiation is excellent in the northern region and wind is constant in the southern region.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV