- The Chilean electricity market is growing, and is expected to remain that way through the forecast period.
- Total market revenue was $xx billion in 2011, with electricity production of xx GWh. Market revenue will reach $xx billion by the end of forecast period at a CAGR of xx percent, in line with production output of xx GWh.
- Current and expected electricity demand stimulates power generation, and electricity is sold at profit. The continuous expansion of the country's installed capacity will sustain transmission and distribution activities, and the power supply market is likely to gain momentum as well.
- Chile's electricity rates are among the highest in Latin America, and the government implemented a power rationing decree that went into effect in February 2011.
- Chile is an attractive place to invest in non-conventional renewable energy (NCRE) projects, because solar irradiation is excellent in the northern region and wind is constant in the southern region.
Analysis Of The Chilean Electricity Market
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.