- Avoid running your tap water, using the washing machine or dishwasher while crews are flushing.
- Check for discolored water before using the washing machine or dishwasher. Wait until the water runs clear at the tap before doing laundry or running the dishwasher. NOTE: If laundry becomes stained, do not put your laundry in the dryer. Rewash clothes immediately using detergent and add a rust remover. Most rust removers can also be used on stained fixtures.
- In some cases, slight discoloration may linger for a few hours. This discoloration only affects the appearance of the water and does not affect water quality.
- If water pressure or water volume seems low after flushing has been completed, check faucet screens for trapped particles.
New Jersey American Water Begins “Spring Cleaning” Program
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts