This spring and into the summer months, New Jersey American Water will be cleaning its water distribution system to help ensure that customers continue to receive high-quality water. During the company’s annual “Spring Cleaning” program, crews will be flushing out water mains to remove harmless particles that have built up in the pipes over time.
In the areas where Spring Cleaning is scheduled, New Jersey American Water will be opening fire hydrants to increase water flows and “flush” sediment from its pipes. When hydrants are being flushed, customers may notice a drop in water pressure or may experience discolored water. This is a normal part of the process. New Jersey American Water advises customers to let their water run until it is clear.
The municipalities, start dates and end dates, where New Jersey American Water will be Spring Cleaning can be found at www.newjerseyamwater.com.
New Jersey American Water is offering its customers the following additional tips while mains are being flushed :
- Avoid running your tap water, using the washing machine or dishwasher while crews are flushing.
- Check for discolored water before using the washing machine or dishwasher. Wait until the water runs clear at the tap before doing laundry or running the dishwasher. NOTE: If laundry becomes stained, do not put your laundry in the dryer. Rewash clothes immediately using detergent and add a rust remover. Most rust removers can also be used on stained fixtures.
- In some cases, slight discoloration may linger for a few hours. This discoloration only affects the appearance of the water and does not affect water quality.
- If water pressure or water volume seems low after flushing has been completed, check faucet screens for trapped particles.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV