- Intake, penstock, and surge chamber: a set of installations that captures water from the dam and leads it to the turbine with the respective control units that guarantee permissible and safe operating ranges for the HPP.
• Electromechanical Equipment
- Turbine: a mechanism that transforms flow and hydrostatic water energy into rotational kinetic energy.- Generator: consists on an electromagnetic rotor attached to the turbine with an even number of poles, separated by few millimeters from a concentric stator, in order to produce AC.
• Electrical Facilities
- Switches and disconnections: control the current conduction for regulation and eventual maintenance.
- Transformers: The utilization of a transformer aims to minimize loss of current when transforming voltages from AC to a higher voltage for more efficient transport (at higher voltages, conductivity cable losses decrease).
- Transmission lines: high voltage (HV) power cables send the electricity to a grid connection point or directly to consumers through the respective step-down transformers.
Table Of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Large Hydro Turbine Market
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecasts and Trends
• Demand Analysis
• Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. Kaplan Turbine Segment Breakdown
5. Francis Turbine Segment Breakdown
6. Pelton Turbine Segment Breakdown
7. The Last Word (Conclusions and Implications)
To order this report: Machine_Tool_and_Equipment Industry:
Analysis of the Latin American Large Hydro Turbine Markets
US:(339) 368 6001Intl:+1 339 368 6001