NHLA Launches Latinos United For Immigration Reform Campaign And Plans For Unprecedented Mobilization Of The Latino Community
Latino Leaders Demand Key Provisions Be Included in Final Immigration Bill
WASHINGTON, March 27, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The National Hispanic Leadership Agenda (NHLA), a coalition of the 34 preeminent Latino organizations in the nation, today announced its Latinos United for Immigration Reform campaign and launched LatinosUnited.org. The campaign will feature 60 townhalls across the nation in an unprecedented effort to mobilize Latinos in support of comprehensive immigration reform.
The assembled Latino leaders called on Congress to pass comprehensive immigration reform legislation that restructures our immigration system and includes NHLA's immigration principles of family unity, due process and a pathway to citizenship.
"The 2012 elections saw greater Hispanic participation than ever before. It is past time that our elected leaders hear our voices and heed our call to action," said Hector Sanchez, chair of the National Hispanic Leadership Agenda. "The Latinos United for Immigration Reform campaign is the largest effort of its kind to organize our community. We will travel the country building a grassroots network that will ensure Congress hears our message loud and clear: fair, effective, comprehensive immigration reform before the August recess."The Latinos United for Immigration Reform campaign will include:
- A grassroots mobilization campaign magnifying the voice of the community on Capitol Hill via online and phone bank efforts.
- A wave of in-district meetings with Members of Congress during Easter Recess.
- Sixty strategically organized immigration townhalls around the country to educate and mobilize the Latino community and allies in support of immigration reform.
- A commitment to ensure over 100,000 combined meetings, letters, emails, calls, faxes and tweets directed at Congress with pro-immigration reform messaging in the next few months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV