Rather, Haverty sees a company that is well-run and getting the most out of its cable-TV stations. Cruetz agrees, arguing that with the S&P trading at 15.4 times earnings - its highest level since May 2011 - News Corp. as well as Time Warner and Viacom aren't overvalued.
"These guys are oligopolies of content," Cruetz said. "You have good visibility and double-digit EPS going forward. There's no reason these companies can't be relatively good performers compared to the overall market."
Written by Leon Lazaroff in New York
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV