NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Here are 10 things you should know for Thursday, March 28:
1. -- U.S. stock futures were pointing to a slightly higher open on Thursday as uncertainties over the reopening of Cyprus' banks weighed on investors' minds ahead of the forecasts for economic data from the United States.
European markets were rising on Thursday. Asian markets closed lower.
2. -- The economic calendar in the U.S. Thursday includes initial jobless claims at 8:30 a.m. EDT, the third estimate of fourth-quarter gross domestic product at 8:30 a.m., and Chicaho PMI for March at 9:45 a.m.
3. -- U.S. stocks on Wednesday closed near the flatline as U.S. housing demand outpaced supply and worries about Cyprus lost steam. The S&P 500 closed down 0.06% to 1,562.85, near its all-time high of 1,565 set in October 2007. The Dow Jones Industrial Average lost 0.23% to 14,526.16 while the Nasdaq gained 0.12% to 3,256.52.
4. -- BlackBerry (BBRY - Get Report) reported a surprise fourth-quarter profit and said it expects to break even next quarter, as the smartphone maker continues to cut costs and implement its turnaround strategy. TheStreet is live-blogging BlackBerry's results Thursday morning.
4. -- Red Hat (RHT - Get Report) missed Wall Street estimates for the fourth quarter. The open source software company posted adjusted earnings of 36 cents a share in the quarter on revenue of $348 million, an increase of 17% year over year. Analysts were looking for earnings of 30 cents a share on revenue of $349.4 million. Red Hat Slammed as Revenue Falls Short
5. -- eBay (EBAY - Get Report) is scheduled to hold its annual analyst day on Thursday, with investors concerned over the company's long-term guidance.
6. -- Analysts expect Accenture (ACN) on Thursday to post fiscal second-quarter earnings of 97 cents a share.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts