Hunters Show Strong Support For Conservation, Background Checks, Strong Opposition To Assault Weapons Ban
DENVER, March 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Three out of four hunters support background checks with reasonable exceptions for all gun sales according to a national poll of America's hunters conducted by the Bull Moose Sportsmen's Alliance. The poll also highlights a significant concern among hunters regarding loss of farmland, ranches and habitat for fish and wildlife. In addition, the poll highlights that 94% of hunters hold a genuine concern that they are not making their voices heard in Washington.
"The poll shows that sportsmen's passion for the rod and gun is equally matched by a passion for conservation. They also care deeply about ensuring that the outdoor opportunities we enjoy today will be enjoyed by future generations of sportsmen," said Gaspar Perricone, Co-Director of the Bull Moose Sportsmen's Alliance. "Now, more than ever, we need to get involved in decision-making processes at the state and national level on the issues we care about most."
The bipartisan poll, conducted by Public Opinion Strategies and Global Strategy Group, surveyed 800 hunters nationally and asked a variety of questions about the importance of conservation, access to hunting and fishing opportunities, federal funding for public lands, the federal deficit and also asked hunters' opinions on gun issues being debated across the country.
According to the poll:
- 93% of sportsmen say that wildlife habitat, clean water, opportunities to hunt and fish, and access to public lands are important issues they consider when voting for someone
- 91% say public lands are an essential part of our economy
- Three out of four hunters oppose selling off public lands
- Almost all hunters surveyed agree that their outdoor traditions and recreation opportunities are being lost for the next generation
- Three out of four of hunters believe that cuts to public funding for land conservation and wildlife is a serious issue
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV