Cookbook Showcases Gaza's Hidden Culinary Delights
The 140-page cookbook has sold 4,000 copies since it was released in March, said Asa Winstanley of publisher Just World Books.
It reflects growing interest in Palestinian cooking and culture, said Mahmoud Muna, of Jerusalem's "Educational Bookshop" which specializes in Palestinian books.
Bestselling Jerusalem-born British chef Yotam Ottolenghi also recently wrote a book with Palestinian Sami Tamimi called "Jerusalem," covering Arab and Jewish cooking in the holy city.
Qishta, the Rafah housewife, said Gaza residents deserve the praise."Palestinian women are proud of their food," said Qishta, as she baked her bread. ___ Follow Hadid on twitter.com/diaahadid The book: justworldbooks.com/the-gaza-kitchen-a-palestinian-culinary-journey-paperback/
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV