FOX News Channel (FNC) has hired Tucker Carlson as co-host of FOX & Friends Weekend announced Bill Shine, Executive Vice President of Programming. Carlson, the founder and editor-in-chief of The Daily Caller, will debut on Saturday, April 6 th.
In making the announcement, Shine said, “We’ve been impressed with Tucker’s lively and thought-provoking appearances on our air and are pleased that he is joining the FOX & Friends Weekend team where his vibrant personality will be a great addition to the show.”
In his new role on the most-watched weekend morning program in cable news (6-10AM/ET), Carlson will deliver news analysis, conduct interviews and participate in a variety of recurring segments alongside current co-hosts Alisyn Camerota and Clayton Morris. Additionally, Carlson, who serves as a FOX News contributor, will continue to appear on the network’s daytime and prime time programming.
A media veteran
, Carlson launched
The Daily Caller in 2010
, a 24-hour news site featuring original reporting, commentary and breaking news. Previously, he hosted the political program
Tucker on MSNBC from 2005 through 2008. Prior to that, Carlson spent five years at CNN co-hosting
The Spin Room and later
Crossfire. He began his career at
Policy Review, a national conservative journal, and has also worked at the
Arkansas Democrat-Gazette and
The Weekly Standard.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV