BC-US--Business News Digest, US
Travel perks up
Businesses and families that cut back on traveling during the recession are starting to buy tickets again. Demand for hotel rooms is on the rise, particularly those in Miami, New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles and other cities that serve as gateways for international travelers. Cowen and Co. financial analyst James Sullivan says that real estate investment trusts that own hotels stand to benefit from above-average growth for the hotel sector as the economy continues to strengthen.
COMPANY SPOTLIGHTNetflix enters 'The Matrix' Netflix is continuing to bolster its credentials as a source for original programming. The video subscription service announced Wednesday that its newest original series will be science fiction from the duo behind "The Matrix" trilogy. Netflix is the top performing stock in the Standard & Poor's 500 so far this year, up more than 100 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV