NASA, SpaceX Discuss Dragon Mission To Space Station
WASHINGTON, March 27, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- NASA and SpaceX will host a teleconference for news media at 1 p.m. EDT, Thursday, March 28, to discuss the Tuesday return of the company's Dragon spacecraft from a cargo mission to the International Space Station.
A trove of scientific research was among more than 2 tons of cargo Dragon brought back to Earth. Included are investigations that could aid in food production during future long-duration space missions and enhance crop production on Earth. Others could help in the development of more efficient solar cells, detergents and semiconductor-based electronics. Dragon also brought back several research samples that will help scientists continue to examine how the human body reacts to long-term spaceflight. The results will have implications for future space exploration as well as benefits here on Earth.
The teleconference participants are:-- Charles Bolden, NASA administrator -- Julie Robinson, International Space Station Program scientist -- Elon Musk, chief designer and CEO, SpaceX -- Gwynne Shotwell, president and COO, SpaceX For dial-in information, journalists must contact Trent Perrotto at email@example.com or 202-358-1100 by noon EDT, Thursday, March 28. Audio of the teleconference will be streamed live on NASA's website at: http://www.nasa.gov/newsaudio For more information about NASA's International Space Station, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/station For more information about SpaceX, visit: http://www.spacex.com SOURCE NASA
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV