Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Should investors be worried that defensive stocks like General Mills (GIS) are seeing huge gains? Jim Cramer told Debra Borchardt at TheStreet.com Wednesday that he's not worried, because investors are simply looking for one thing.. yield.
Cramer explained that companies like General Mills have raised their dividends multiple times, almost doubling it over the past five years. Add to that the company's terrific track record, great management and solid balance sheet and it's no wonder investors are clamoring for shares.
Cramer reminded viewers that taxes on dividends didn't go up as many expected with the fiscal cliff, which makes dividends even more attractive at a time when Treasuries pay next to nothing.To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV