Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Coal used to be the bedrock of the rail business, but today's hot commodity is now oil, Jim Cramer told Debra Borchardt at TheStreet.com Wednesday. That shift means it's time to re-order Cramer's favorite rail stocks.
Cramer said Kansas City Southern (KSU) remains his favorite rail because the company's lines run directly from the Bakken to the Gulf and also from Mexico into the U.S. His next favorite would be Burlington Northern, now part of Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B), followed by Union Pacific (UNP).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV